Pages

Monday, 6 June 2011

Talking to people.

I'm not one of those people that goes round calling themselves socially awkwards for the sake of it.
 A lot of people do that; it's becoming somewhat of a trend. The first thing I see on most teenagers' 'about me' or 'bio' or whatever is "I'm socially awkward"... Yeah... I'm sure you are. Then they give you their Facebook, and they have about 89 photo albums of themselves getting drunk off their head, with numerous other supposedly 'socially awkward' teenagers, not acting all that 'socially awkward'. The word socially awkward is overused, but hey I'm going to take my chances and say: I am a little socially awkward. I have no problems making friends, I'm relatively likeable, though, I've noticed that you either hate me or like me.

Nobody loves me (apart from my family members, and even then, it's a struggle), because I'm far too difficult to love. I don't really show love back; if you were talking to me, say for the first time, you wouldn't really be sure if I liked you or not, because I speak to everyone in the exact same way. I smile at them, make stupid jokes, pretend to find their jokes funny, compliment them, and I pretend to be humble when they compliment me. <- That is how I deal with talking to new people. I try to be friendly. It may not be something that comes naturally to me, but I think it's only fair for me to get over myself and be nice to people.

However, I can't be nice to everyone that talks to me. For example, I couldn't be nice to someone to spoke to me like this:

Random Person: Hey I'm Lisa
Me: Is you dad called Homer?
Random Person: Hahahahahahahahaha. No.  Hahahahahahaha. You're so funny. Hahahahahaha.

^ I can't be nice to someone who laughs at everything I say. I don't know why, but it annoys me. I'm not even being that funny. I'm not even being at all funny. Why are you finding my every word so funny? Anyway, because talking to that person causes me distress, I often have to find a way to end the conversation.

Me: Hehe. Erm... I think that's my bus. So we'll talk later yeah? (Obviously, I have no plans of ever speaking to them ever again)
Random Person: OH! I can go home that way too. I'll go with you.

^ Really? Could you not take a hint. I clearly want NOTHING to do with you. Why would you insist on getting the same bus as me?

Obviously, I go along with the whole scenario, and pretend to be happy about spending a 30 minute journey with them for company.

(Now on the bus, sitting down. I casually put my earphones in, and begin listening to my music)
Random Person: What song are you listening to?
Me: You wouldn't know it, don't worry.
Random Person: No. No. Tell me.
Me: Hamburg song by Keane.
Random Person: Hahahahaha. Seriously. Hahaha.
Me: I told you wouldn't know it.
Random Person: Let me hear (snatches earphones before I can say no)
Random Person: This is rubbish. Let's listen to my music.

^ I told you, you wouldn't like it? I TOLD YOU!

Once again, like the nice person that I am, I reluctantly decide to listen to their not so terrible, terrible music.

Me: I don't like this song. Oh look. That's my stop.
Random Person: Oh. I can walk home this way too.

^ Why won't they take a hint?

Me: Oh, well actually. I'm meeting my Grand-Father at the library, so you may as well stay on the bus.
Random Person: Oh well bye! We should get the bus together more often.
Me: Yes. Deffo.

I don't like talking to people like that. Annoying people. I don't think that makes me socially awkward. I think it just makes me sane.

Any moments, in which you have had to talk to people that lead you to despair? (Comments are thoroughly appreciated. Anonymous or not)

2 comments:

  1. Talking to people who always expect to be offended by anything or are really insecure, are annoying.

    A(nnoying person): I like kiwi!
    Me: They're okay, but they sting my lips sometimes..
    A: I mean.. yeah! they're really annoying..I don't like them.. I was just...
    Me: *despair!!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I know what you mean. Some people just get offended really easily.

    Life tip: Don't make a light hearted joke about gingers near a sensitive ginger. They'll cry anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Go on. Say what you think.