~
Reasons not to move in with someone. Well, I can think of many. Though, I wouldn't advise taking my opinion on this subject as gospel. I haven't even been in a proper relationship yet, and to be honest, I have no plans of getting into one any time soon. Don't worry, I don't have commitment issues or anything like that, I'm just very... very... lazy, and relationships take time and effort and money and emotions and I just don't have the time or strength or will power to maintain one right now. Though, other people, for reasons unknown to me, find joy and excitement in relationships. Being with someone makes them feel alive, it gives them a reason to live, and often they get to that point in a relationship where they utter those fatal, fatal words, "Where do you see this relationship going?" Yes, those fatal words. If someone ever asked me "Where do you see this relationship going?", I don't know what I'd do. I'd probably get on the first flight to Cuba and run away from the dreaded question. Where do I see this relationship going? Most people often reply saying something along the lines of "Let's just take it one step at a time", which really means "Shut up bitch, I just want sex and an easy life". The other person however often responds by asking.... "So, don't you think moving in would be the next step?"
Let me get this straight. Moving in isn't always the next step. In fact it rarely ever is the right step. You can't just move in with someone. This isn't a romantic comedy, it's real life. Moving in is a big deal. A really big deal. It's a deal so big, people often underestimate the size of it, kinda like the Universe (the universe is a pretty big deal). We're still not really sure of how big of a deal it is. Moving in is a big deal. You have to share a house with this person, you have to share a toilet. SHARE A TOILET. Everyone knows how shared toilets often end up:
Shared toilets never end up well, or clean for that matter. Before you move in with someone, you need to go through the sacred check list. What? What do you mean, "What check list? I have never heard of this check list?". Sigh. I guess I'll have to educate you further.
The sacred 'SHOULD I MOVE IN WITH THIS PERSON?' check list.
- "Can I share a toilet with this person?" Can you share a toilet with this person? Can you? Can you count on them to pass you the loo roll underneath the door if you run out? Can you clean their skid marks? Could you take waking up to the smell of their diarrhoea in the morning? Can you? Because if you can't, moving in with said person is completely 100% out of the question. Don't bother.
- "Do we both like the same TV shows?" Do you both like the same TV shows? Do you? Do you both like watching wildlife documentaries about the ovulation of whales? Do you both enjoy watching porn on a Saturday night, while wanking the hours away? Because if you don't, moving in together is just destined for failure.
- "Can I go shopping with this person?" Yes, that's right. Food shopping. Food shopping is painful, and it often leads to huge arguments. Like seriously, that's all we argue about in my house, food. I'd recommend going food shopping for a date one day, if the date turns out well, then maybe, just maybe, moving in together is a good idea.
- The ultimate one. "Do I actually want to move in with said person?" Well, do you? Are you just doing it to make said person happy? Was this relationship just meant to be a bit of fun and now everything is just moving too fast? Does this person have 'house mate quality' stamped on their forehead (not literally of course, that would be... odd)? Because if you don't actually want to move in with the person, then seriously, just don't.
There you have it, the sacred 'SHOULD I MOVE IN WITH THIS PERSON?' check list. If you can't share a toilet with them; don't like the same TV shows as them; can't go shopping with them and just plain don't want to move in with them, well then, I'd say those are good enough reasons to not move in with someone.
Moving in with someone isn't a walk in the park. It's a trip to the moon without a spacesuit. <- Which as you can imagine would be pretty fatal.
Thanks for reading!
REACT/COMMENT/SHARE/
AN: I'd like to apologise for taking long intervals between blog posts these days, it's mainly because, I'm not getting enough feedback, so I have no motivation to blog and because it was summer, I was feeling lazy, and because I didn't have much to blog about. However, I'm about to start college soon, and I think it's about time I started using my brain again, blogging is always a good way to wake your slightly stagnant braincells up. Though, like I said, the main reason I haven't been blogging is because of the lack of feedback, please, please, just comment or react if you've read this post. You've taken the time to read it, so you know, tell me how you feel. I'd really appreciate it.
REACT/COMMENT/SHARE/
Please.
Pretty please.

Porn on a saturday night? Wanking the hours away? Sounds like my dream housemate. With food shopping, they housemate could choose the food, while I ran up and down the aisles with the trolley, perfect!
ReplyDeleteThough, they could much prefer watching the Whale documentary, and they could prefer online shopping and they might do really big shits.
ReplyDeleteCould you deal with that?
COULD YOU?
Thought not.
'The housemate avenger strikes again'.
That's pretty much me again.
ReplyDeleteOh. Well then you're pretty much THE worst housemate ever.
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I'm willing to do whatever my theoretical housemate wants to do, and you don't find that often. Anyway, proper feedback for once: bad points - MAKE THE FONT BIGGER,make your background more interesting, your sentence construction and use of punctuation is atrocious. Good points - You have a good narrative voice, and you make your opinions funny and entertaining.
ReplyDeleteI probably should proof read, but I really can't be bothered.
ReplyDeleteI won't change the background... but I will change the font size. It *is* pretty tiny.
Thanks for the constructive critique!