Pages

Sunday, 30 January 2011

Where the wild things are...

So, yesterday. I ate a lot, and watched quite a bit of TV. One of the things I watched was the movie; Where the wild things are...

I missed the first half hour, so don't take this review as gospel. I was also half watching it, once again. So, like I said, this review won't necessarily be accurate.

Anyway. So, I watched it, and I liked it. It was very, very weird. And, really reminded me of the never ending story.



^ Is it me, or... is there not just a hint of 'those two characters could've totally been in the same film'. Well, I think they could've.

Anyway, brief synopsis: A boy called Max, has an argument with his Mum, and travels to another universe? Universe, where he meets 6 creatures. In order to stop them from eating him, he lies and says he's their king. As, his reign as king progresses, he develops favourites, which leads to rising tensions between the characters.

That's what happens, more or less.

I don't think this film is very child-friendly, as, I don't know. If I was 7, the idea of possibly being eaten by six strange creatures would scare me. Also, it's not that colourful, and has pretty deep undertones. 

It's worth a watch. I'm not entirely sure what the film is trying to tell me. I'm sure there is a moral to this story. I just can't figure it out. I'm not half as deep, as I used to be.

All in all. I enjoyed it. The ending did leave me thinking 'Well. What was the point of that?'.

Overall. It's an Okay - Good film. Remember, I didn't watch it properly, so I do plan on watching it again, and I may re-review it. I would recommend watching it, and forming your own view on it. It's a complex film.

7.5/10

My favourite characters: KW, Max and Carol.

My favourite scene: When Carol is chasing after Max, in a 'Ima eat you, you lying scumbag' rage.

So, yeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on. Say what you think.