Pages

Friday, 4 February 2011

Letting others borrow your car

What an absurd topic to blog about...

Yes, I know. I'm 15. I don't even have a car, I'm not even legally allowed to start learning how to drive. I am a danger to roads!

But, I went on this 'Random Blog topic generator', and after numerous times of pressing the refresh button. I settled on the topic 'Letting others borrow your car'. What do I think about the idea of 'Letting others borrow your car'?

Let's have a bit of an introduction? Yes, an introduction on my feelings and attitudes towards cars. I quite like cars. If I could drive, I would buy a Range Rover.


^ Yeah. I'd buy one of those babies. They're quite nice aren't they? A bit on the manly side, but hey. I've never been one to follow the stereotypical female conventions. Yeah, so anyway. Let's forget that I am a sad 15 year old, who in reality is not actually allowed to get behind the wheel of a car.

Let's pretend, I'm a sexy 25 year old. I have a really well paid job, lots of friends. I also know how to drive, and own this car. (We're just pretending here. So, I'm allowed to be a bit over-ambitious). Now, I think I am ready to give my opinions on the statement  'Letting others borrow your car'.

One of my many cool friends: Hey Titilope, can I borrow your super cool car? It's just so cool, and mines so shit. I have a date with this really hot chick, and I want to impress her y'know? So, can I borrow it.
(My friends car)

Titilope (me): No. 

Sorry, but you can't borrow my car. Especially if it's a superficial reason like that. 

But really. Why else would anyone want to borrow someone's car? I just don't understand it. I can't get my head round it. Get a cab, or  a bus, or a train. In fact. I'll pay for your travel expenses, but you are NOT borrowing my car. 

As you can see, I am one of those losers, who will end up loving their car like it's a person. But, really. Did you see that Range Rover? (I am clearly obsessed with range rovers). You can't just let someone borrow a car like that. You just can't. In fact, it would have my scent on it. I don't want someone invading it with their stench, and eating subway, then leaving onions and red peppers behind. NO WAY. No. Nope. You can't borrow my car. I REFUSE TO PICK OFF THOSE ONIONS.

Get your own car. What? Are you gonna use my petrol too? Next thing you know, you'll be borrowing my house, then my family, then what? WHAT NEXT? MY SHOES? 

ARE YOU GOING TO BORROW MY SHOES?

Anyway on the subject of 'Letting others borrow your car'. Don't do it. They'll be after your shoes next. I don't know about you, but I don't share shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting blog post. I too would not share my car, but I might be persuaded to give 'them' a lift, if needs be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. A lift to the bus stop... Na, I'm kidding. Yes, lifts are fine.

    ReplyDelete

Go on. Say what you think.