Pages

Tuesday, 8 February 2011

'That wasn't too bad now, was it?'

So, once again. I begin with an ambiguous title. You're probably thinking 'What on earth is this title about? I wonder who said those things in the speech marks... Hmm, I can't wait to read this blog!' So, I won't keep you waiting any longer, and all shall be explained by the end of this (hopefully extremely entertaining) blog post.

Today, was the day of my Graveney interview. Yes, it was. Graveney is the Sixth form/college that I really want to go to. If I don't get in, then hey. I won't be depressed, but I won't be happy either. It'd take some getting over.

Anyway, I had my interview today. I wasn't so nervous about the interview when I first received the letter. But then I asked everyone who'd already had theirs how it went. And, well. They didn't have many positive things to say.

Opinion number 1: He's so stern, and mean. I walked in, and he was like sit down. He didn't even smile, he just kept asking questions. All I'm saying is expect a grilling, cause he's just so snobby.


I wasn't feeling to confident after hearing this opinion. So, I thought. Maybe this person was just over-exaggerating. Girls do tend to over-exaggerate. I decided to ask somebody else.


Opinion number 2: OMG. You have him? All, I'm saying is, he asks you the things, he should be telling you. He's so stern, and really strict.


Once again. I'm thinking. Oh crap. I'm not really looking forward to this interview. Let's get a 3rd opinion.

Opinion number 3: I had him. HE IS SO SNOBBY. Eurgh, I hated him.


It wasn't looking too great. I was really nervous, and I was NOT looking forward to this interview. But, hey! I thought to myself: If I want to get into Graveney, it has to be done. I'll just have to grin and bear it.


So, I arrive at Graveney, about a half hour early. I'm sitting at the reception, waiting like a nervous wreck. WHEN IS THE INTERVIEW GOING TO START? <- All that was going through my head.

Eventually, I get called, and I'm showed the way to my interview. My heart is beating like crazy right now. (I honestly don't know why I was so nervous. But, I was).

Anyway, I walk in, and it happened exactly like I was warned.


Interviewer (His name is Mr. C): Come in. Sit down. <- JUST LIKE I WAS WARNED.
Me: *Sits down*
Mr C: Tell me about yourself?
Me: Erm-er, erm. Er. I'm a hard-working persistent student. I really enjoy English, biology and chemistry. I really enjoy reading. I'm currently reading A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess... *Mr C cuts in*
Mr C: Why are you reading that?
Me: It just seemed really interesting. The blurb really interested me.
Mr C: Why did the blurb interest you?
Me: Erm. It was just really blunt, and different to any of the blurbs I'd read before. So, I wanted to read it more.
Mr C: Okay. Carry on.
Me: Yeah. So, I'm hardwoking, I have a really strange interest in the anatomy of the teeth, which is probably why I want to be a dentist.
Mr C: Okay. Why do you want to come to Graveney?
Me: I heard very good things about it. It has a high pass rate.
Mr C: What good things? Who from?
Me: From people people from my old school... (I meant my school, old just came out of my mouth for reasons unknown)
Mr C: Old school?
Me: I mean, I mean. My current school.
Mr C: Oh. Right. Okay.

(I'll skip a bit, and just summarise what happened)

He looked at my mock grades. He seemed pretty impressed. He kept saying keep up the good work. I got more comfortable towards the end.

And, I actually made him smile. I MADE HIM SMILE.

He wasn't that bad. He was alright.

The last thing he said to me was:

Mr C: That wasn't too bad now, was it? *with a slight smile on his face*
Me: Nope. It wasn't.


It was okay. I hope I get in. I almost wish I could re-live the interview. I would definitely do better.

2 comments:

  1. best wishes. u can bet it, there are more interviews ahead in life. there are no better way to do them than to be yourself, of which, smart gurls like you dont have issues with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. Let's hope so! :D

    ReplyDelete

Go on. Say what you think.