Pages

Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Specifications of my dream house

I've moved a lot so far in my young life; if you read all my Primary School posts, you probably could have worked that out.

I don't mind moving. I don't enjoy it either though. I do tend to get quite comfortable, and I do believe a little in Feng Shui.



Don't ask. I just thought that song was appropriate. (I do love Gnarls Barkley* though, so it was just shameless 'music that I love' dropping)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I do believe a little in Feng Shui, so I hate it when my sister tidies up my room, and moves all my belongings around. I'm not very tidy, I like my room to be messy. It's organised mess. I know where everything is, and I don't have any problems finding things. When my sister moves things around and essentially tidies my room, It  leaves me feeling very frustrated as I am unable to sleep for a while, and I have difficultly finding things. I know this sounds super pathetic, but it's the truth.

Another example of 'moved things, that have caused me pain' leading to my belief in Feng Shui, happened about 1 year ago. My sister decided my room once again was a tip, a mess, a diseases ridden insect shack, and she insisted that I, you know... clean it up. I reluctantly agreed to do this, though we ended up rearranging the whole room. So my bed was facing the other way, and my wardrobe was moved, and everything was just very different. I didn't mind at first, because there was a vast improvement in the quality of my room, and it would have been morally wrong of me to complain. Though, I found myself complaining when I was unable to sleep for about 5 days. I just couldn't sleep. I blamed it on the movements of my furniture of course; anyway this pointless story was meant to explain why I believe in Feng Shui. Rearranging my furniture just made everything seem unbalanced and I was unable to sleep; or maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me, but I'd like to think it's Feng Shui.

Back to what the whole purpose of this blog post was. Specifications of my dream house:

  • I don't want anything fancy, or too big. I'm quite into small homely houses in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by forests and nature. 


  • Something like the picture above. (The picture is the image of the house in the Hayao Miyazaki film called My Neighbour Totoro. I love that house!)
  • I'd like about 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a study, a huge garden, a nice view, a mini library filled with all my favourite books.
  • I'd also like a chimney. Chimneys are cute.

That's my dream house; of course in my dream house the Feng Shui would be perfect, and my nights would never be sleepless. I know my dream house is pretty boring and simplistic, but I've lived in London for nearly 6 years now, and I just want some peace and quiet. I don't really like city life. Too many people, not enough privacy.

Do you have any specifications for your dream house? (You probably don't. Well then... THINK OF SOME)

*Gnarls Barkley are the duo that did Crazy. Everyone knows Crazy right? I might do a blog post on my favourite songs/bands/artists in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on. Say what you think.