Lies. Lies are bad things. I think we can all agree on that. They ruin lives. They cause pain. The demolish homes. They break hearts. They start wars. They're the motive for murders. They alienate people. They're just bad things. Agreed? We are agreed on this right? Right. But... if lies are so bad, which indeed they are. Why can't we stop telling them? Why can't I stop lying? Why can't we all stop lying? Well, because when you lie, there is that sweet moment of happiness. It's short lived, but it's there. It gets people off your back. I think we're all guilty of lying to get annoying people off our backs.
Though, the next thing you know. Those people, will become friends, and those friends will become family and then that family will become your children. So... is lying to your children okay? Well... My parents have lied to me. I know this. Many times. Most of the time, it is for my own good.
React/Comment/Share/React Again/Comment Again/And Share Some More.
Thanks for reading!
Annoying Person: Hey. Did you hear that song I sent you?See what I mean? Lies can be good for getting people off your back.
Me: No? I promise I'll hear it tomorrow.
~Tomorrow~
Annoying Person: Did you remember to hear that song I sent you?
Me: No? I promise. PROMISE. To hear it by tomorrow.
~Tomorrow (Again)~
Annoying Person: The song I sent you... Did you hear it?
Me: Oh crap. I forgot. I PROMISE. ABSOLUTELY TO HEAR it tomorrow.
Annoying Person: You keep saying that.
Me: I promise this time.
~Tomorrow (Again) [Again]~
Annoying Person: D-D-Did you hear the song?
Me: *oh shit, I didn't hear it.. crap. oh shit*
Annoying Person: Well... Did you?
Me: Yes. Yes, I did.
Annoying Person: Did you like it?
Me: Like it? I LOVED IT!
Annoying Person: Oh that's great! Took you long enough though.
Though, the next thing you know. Those people, will become friends, and those friends will become family and then that family will become your children. So... is lying to your children okay? Well... My parents have lied to me. I know this. Many times. Most of the time, it is for my own good.
Me: Mum, can I smoke?And just like that, I was off cigarettes because of that lie my mother told me. So... lying to your children can be good. It can be great even! But... but, like many other things. Lying to your children can be pretty bad. You know me... I much prefer using scenarios to explain my thoughts. So here you go.
Mum: Only ugly people smoke.
Lucy: Hey mum. Where's my Father?As you can see... lying to your children could end up being pretty fatal. So... I guess what I'm trying to say is. Choose your lies carefully.
Lucy's Mum (Valerie): He died at war.
Lucy: Oh.
Valerie: Hey. Don't worry. He's looking after you from above.
~A Few Years Later~
Lucy: Who are you talking to?
Lucy's brother (on skype): Dad.
Lucy: But. But, I thought Dad died at war.
Lucy's brother: Hahahaha. Who told you that?
Lucy: Mum did...
Lucy's brother: Why would... Oh-WAIT-LUC.
~Lucy, Now With Her Mother In The Kitchen~
Lucy: My dad isn't dead.
Valerie: Yes, he is. He died at war remember?
Lucy: Well how come Dave (lucy's brother) is talking to him on skype then?
Valerie: Oh. I knew this day would come.
Lucy: Well...
Valerie: Your father isn't dead. He's just a cross-dressing, crackhead. I thought it best if you never knew him.
Lucy: SO YOU LIED TO ME.
Valerie: Yes, but it was for your own good.
*Lucy grabs a knife, and stabs her mother 10 times in the chest*
Lucy: FUCK YOU MUM.
React/Comment/Share/React Again/Comment Again/And Share Some More.
Thanks for reading!
I lie so much to my parents. It's to give them peace of mind.
ReplyDeleteI hate lying (believe or not), but I do it so often it's become a natural thing for me. I hate myself for it. The feeling of guilt never fully leaves me until the truth is exposed.
ReplyDeleteSo is anything on this blog true....lol
ReplyDeleteMy work experience blog is true.
ReplyDeleteBut no, the scenarios in this post are (fortunately) not factual, they are merely a figment of my imagination.
Thanks for the comment.