Peer Pressure. We've all been there. Peer pressure is a little worse than family pressure, and that's because we all want to look incredibly cool in front of our friends. Our family? Not so much. Our families pressure us to get good grades and behave well, which in a way is a lot better than being pressured to... have lots of sex, smoke, go raving, date boys you don't want to... and try hard drugs. These are all the things that our beloved friends pressure us to do. Granted, it depends on what type of friends you have. Some friends pressure you to try and beat a troll on Skyrim just to watch you fail miserable for their own pathetic entertainment. You don't want to be friends with those weirdos. You want to be friends with the cool kids.
Cool kids:
The kids that hang at the back of the bus, they always reek of cigarettes, are often black or white people who think they're black... they can also be punk rocker white kids with dodgy coloured hair and piercings located in strange places.
Those are the people we want to be friends with, and because we want to be friends with them so friggin' bad. We'll do anything, anything, anything we think might improve our chances i.e we give in to peer pressure.
Now, I've had my fair share of bad 'peer pressure kill me now' moments, and most of the times I didn't succumb. (I would tell you real life anecdotes, but the truth is, my friend are nerds and my definition of peer pressure really is probably more similar to the skyrim kind. So, I'll make some up)
Cool kids:
The kids that hang at the back of the bus, they always reek of cigarettes, are often black or white people who think they're black... they can also be punk rocker white kids with dodgy coloured hair and piercings located in strange places.
Those are the people we want to be friends with, and because we want to be friends with them so friggin' bad. We'll do anything, anything, anything we think might improve our chances i.e we give in to peer pressure.
Now, I've had my fair share of bad 'peer pressure kill me now' moments, and most of the times I didn't succumb. (I would tell you real life anecdotes, but the truth is, my friend are nerds and my definition of peer pressure really is probably more similar to the skyrim kind. So, I'll make some up)
Smoking:
We've all been there. Every single person in your cool friendship crew is smoking, and you hate smoking. In fact, you have really bad asthma, and so your hatred of smoking is somewhat involuntary. You just can't stand the stuff. But all your stupid friends are on those cancer sticks, and they're totally pressuring you to try some.
Friends: Dude, don't be such a wuss, try one.
You: I like smoking on my own.
Friends: Dude, that's weird. TRY SOME.
You: *holy shit. what do I do?*
What do you do? Hm. My advice is... teach your friends the dangers of smoking. Make them realise the dangers they're doing to their body, they'll thank you for it in the long run. You'll be happier for it... and your friends will too.
Just kidding. That'll never work. Just try one. Have an asthma attack, your friends will realise how dangerous smoking is for you.. and they'll totally stop. Trust me.
Sex:
We've all been there. Every single person in your cool friendship crew is smoking, and you hate smoking. In fact, you have really bad asthma, and so your hatred of smoking is somewhat involuntary. You just can't stand the stuff. But all your stupid friends are on those cancer sticks, and they're totally pressuring you to try some.
Friends: Dude, don't be such a wuss, try one.
You: I like smoking on my own.
Friends: Dude, that's weird. TRY SOME.
You: *holy shit. what do I do?*
What do you do? Hm. My advice is... teach your friends the dangers of smoking. Make them realise the dangers they're doing to their body, they'll thank you for it in the long run. You'll be happier for it... and your friends will too.
Just kidding. That'll never work. Just try one. Have an asthma attack, your friends will realise how dangerous smoking is for you.. and they'll totally stop. Trust me.
Sex:
Yes. The S word. Your friends are all at it like rabbits, and you want to abstain. You're saving yourself for that special someone. You don't want your first time to mean nothing. You want to remember it all your life. Sadly, your friends think you're being silly and are totally pressurring you to have sex.
Friends: It doesn't hurt.
Honest friend: Not much anyway.
You: I don't want to.
Friends: VIRGIN FO LIFE.
It can be painful. If your friends are pressuring you to have sex... just have sex. You'll probably be happier anyway.
I'm kidding. Stick to your guns... but just lie and tell your friends you had sex with some guy at a bar, and you were so drunk you can't remember who it is.
You kill two birds with one stone. Now your friends think your a sex whore with an aclohol problem. HARDCORE.
Drugs:
Friends: It doesn't hurt.
Honest friend: Not much anyway.
You: I don't want to.
Friends: VIRGIN FO LIFE.
It can be painful. If your friends are pressuring you to have sex... just have sex. You'll probably be happier anyway.
I'm kidding. Stick to your guns... but just lie and tell your friends you had sex with some guy at a bar, and you were so drunk you can't remember who it is.
You kill two birds with one stone. Now your friends think your a sex whore with an aclohol problem. HARDCORE.
Drugs:
Say no to drugs kids. It's as simple as that. Just say no. Unless of course, drugs and death are your thing, then say yes.
Raves:
Raves:
Raves are overrated, take it from someone who's never been to a rave and will probably never go to one. They're not that great. Just tell your friends "fuck you. raving was so last season.", and then you'll become the trend setter.
Robbery: If your friends are telling you commit theft. I'd really suggest getting new friends. They're just not worth the hassle.
Really.
They're not.
And that's how to deal with peer pressure.
Robbery: If your friends are telling you commit theft. I'd really suggest getting new friends. They're just not worth the hassle.
Really.
They're not.
And that's how to deal with peer pressure.
React/Comment/Share
I COMMAND YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on. Say what you think.