Remember what I said in my previous post? That'd I'd be starting a new segment called 'Song of the ___', well here is the first post of the new segment. I warn you, my taste in music will not please everyone, but frankly, I really don't care. I like it, and that's really all that matters. Kinda like marriage. Who gives a crap if your mother doesn't like your husband, if you like him, well, everything's great, right? Well, that's how I feel about my music. You can diss it all you want, won't stop me loving it.
Now that you've had that disclaimer. Let's get on with it.
I actually have two songs of the week this week. One's relatively current, whilst the other is not so current. I don't think they're that similar, and I like them both for different reasons.
1. Gotye featuring Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know.
I love this song a lot. Not necessarily because I can relate to it, because to be fair, I can't. Well, I can... but not in a romantic way. I have had friends who I once knew, and well things change, we end on bad terms, and now, well now they're just somebody I used to know... and that's pretty sad... but it's a part of life. Anyway, I like this song because it's so raw, Gotye sings it wonderfully and I can really feel his heartache with each note, each word, each line he utters. It's really quite something. Kimbra's voice is also wonderful too, I like the added layer her part brings to the song and yeah. Listen to it. It rocks. It's mah song of the week.
The video's fucking cool too. The idea of Gotye naked pleases me somewhat.
Now that you've had that disclaimer. Let's get on with it.
I actually have two songs of the week this week. One's relatively current, whilst the other is not so current. I don't think they're that similar, and I like them both for different reasons.
1. Gotye featuring Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know.
I love this song a lot. Not necessarily because I can relate to it, because to be fair, I can't. Well, I can... but not in a romantic way. I have had friends who I once knew, and well things change, we end on bad terms, and now, well now they're just somebody I used to know... and that's pretty sad... but it's a part of life. Anyway, I like this song because it's so raw, Gotye sings it wonderfully and I can really feel his heartache with each note, each word, each line he utters. It's really quite something. Kimbra's voice is also wonderful too, I like the added layer her part brings to the song and yeah. Listen to it. It rocks. It's mah song of the week.
The video's fucking cool too. The idea of Gotye naked pleases me somewhat.
Song 2. Arcade Fire - City With No Children.
This song is a little old, and it really reminds me of sitting my GCSE exams in June last year. It's got that nostalgic feel for me, but what I really like about this song... is the sound, the tone of his voice. It's just wonderful, I absolutely adore it. Also, go here The Suburbs by Arcade Fire, it's a great album, with some great gems, and they're a great band. And their cover art is nice to look at.
And that's it really.
I hope ya liked the songs. If you didn't... that totally sucks, but maybe you could comment and show me what REAL music is?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Go on. Say what you think.