Pages

Sunday, 28 October 2012

Sex Before Marriage

Sex. Sex, as we all know, is a glorious thing. I mean, I wouldn't know first hand but I've watched through enough sex scenes in films and read through enough smut in books to know that it is a glorious thing. If it wasn't glorious, people wouldn't do it so much. Now that we've concluded that sex is gloriously awesome, which it is. Should we promote it into 'sacred' status? Is sex sacred? Does sex have a sanctity to it? Is it... special? Well, I think sex should be special... but sacred? Well... that's where I'm a bit you know... shifty.

People who argue that sex is sacred often say we should wait before marriage. A lot of my friends know I'm not fond know of the whole 'marriage' thing. My friends and I were having a conversation about this at lunch and I think I explained my view pretty well.

Me: I have no plans of getting married.
Ivy: But what about tradition?
Me: Isn't divorce a growing tradition?

Though, that's not the real reason I'm against marriage. If people want to get married, that's their prerogative. Divorce isn't the main reason I don't want to be a wife, though it does play a part. The real reason is, I am not sure that I'd be good wife material. I take vows seriously, marriage vows included... and I can't promise anyone that I'd never cheat on them and that I'd be with them forever in the eyes of all my family and friends because, I can't promise that I'll love you forever. Maybe other people can, but I can't. I can only promise that I love you very much now and that I hope my strong feelings for you never die... but to actually promise to never stop loving you and secure this with a marriage? Yeah. I can't do that.

Call me mean. I don't care.

So, I guess you've concluded that I'm for sex before marriage.

And you'd be right.

I am.

But. That's only because I'm against marriage for myself. If I were for marriage, I would wait until I was- Lol, just kidding. I wouldn't wait either. I think sex should be between two consenting adults who love each other. You don't have to be married to someone to love them, hence why I think sex before marriage is A-Okay. 

I don't support casual sex but I'm not going to demonise it either. For some people, casual sex is like, casually kissing strangers. I can't even imagine why anyone would want to randomly kiss a stranger, let alone have sex with them but different strokes for weirdo folks.

A lot of people think I'm an idiot for not wanting to get married. I just shrug my shoulders.

Invite me to your wedding, I'll gladly attend, but don't expect an invite back... and when you get a divorce, I might snigger a little. But that's only because I'm a sadistic bitch especially when it comes to marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on. Say what you think.