Pages

Saturday, 19 March 2011

My Pet Peeves.

New blog alert. I wanted an original topic, but decided that was too difficult and so decided on 'Pet Peeves'. Pet Peeve is an American term, and may have all you Brits (or whatever country you may originate from) thinking what the flying gorilla is a pet peeve? 

Pet Peeve: A pet peeve (or pet hate) is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to them, to a greater degree than others may find it.
I can hear the loud uproar of 'Aahhh, so THAT'S a pet peeve'. Yes. Pet Peeves. That is what I shall be blogging about today. Partly cause I'm in a bad mood, and partly because a lot of things irritate me and I thought it would make for an  interesting blog as well as being an excuse for me to vent.

Anyway. So, a lot of things annoy me. Many things. But, I've decided to only blog about 2. These aren't necessarily the things that annoy me the most, but they annoy me. A lot.

1. Smokers/Smoking/Cigarettes/People who smoke and  then start whining at me whenever I feel the need to impose my hatred for smoking on them:  


Yes. I hate smokers/smoking/cigarettes with a huge passion. Now. Now. Just because a person smokes, that doesn't mean that I don't like them. However, it does make me think 'Ew. You coulda been awesome, but you smoke. So now you're just semi-awesome'. <- This is what it makes me think.


If you want to smoke. Knock yourself out. Though, I really think you should stop. Because.. I hate to state the obvious here... but smoking *whispers* kills *whispers* It does. Whenever I say this... There's always one crazy smoker that uses the 'My Uncle smoked for 50 years, and he lived till he was 90' excuse. Your Uncle was a lucky bastard... You are not your Uncle. Bear that in mind. In fact if (God forbid) you die of lung cancer. Your grave-stone should read 'Titilope was right. I am not my Uncle'. There is a chance you might not die of lung cancer. However, if you don't smoke, well then. You can pretty much be certain you won't die of lung cancer. You may get hit by a truck, or get shot while being unfortunate enough to witness a bank robbery, but you won't die of lung cancer. (I hope).

2. Ugg Boots: I hate them. Hate them with a passion. In fact, if I could go round pulling that abomination off of people's feet and then BURRRRN them. I would. I would burn them, and watch as the hot flame heats up my skin and then I'd laugh maniacally. 



Anyway. Yes. I hate them.With a passion. They are ugly. They don't look good. Why are so many females obsessed with them? Jheez. I will never be caught seen in Ugg Boots, and if I lose my mind and suddenly decide to manifest them on my already ugly enough feet... Feel free to shoot me.

So. Those are my pet peeves. Got any?

4 comments:

  1. Pretty interesting, Nippie!
    I personally don't exactly HATE smoking and/or smokers. It's just that... my father smokes a lot, and I look at him and I only see all the bad things that cigarettes have done to his body... so I decided that I won't smoke. Never.ever.in.my.entire.life.
    And I don't really know what Ugg Boots are, but hell, those things DO look ugly as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALITY BREAKER!
    I don't hate smokers.. I just find the fact that they smoke highly irritating. Especially when it's someone you care about. and you can see it's harming them. :/

    Yay! We can be non-smokers together. :D

    Iknorite? All the girls in England can't stop wearing them. My poor eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's terrible :/ And there's nothing we can do to stop them... but hey, it's all right. It's their life. They choose to harm them, and dropping is not easy-

    Yay! Yes we can! :D

    Poor you D: I'm not actually into the whole "fashion" thing, but (because i'm a but girly) I can't stop complaining about some awful clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come to London one day. And we can go 'awful clothes' spotting together.

    I'm not all that fashionable either... but jheez... Eventhough London is suppose to be like a fashion hotspot. Some of the things, the people wear is just frightening!

    ReplyDelete

Go on. Say what you think.